Real Estate, Urbanism & Agribusiness
Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Andrés Montoya is a Partner at Posse Herrera Ruiz. He heads the Real Estate, Urbanism & Agribusiness practice area.
Andres has experience advising local and international clients in structuring and development of real estate projects. He has been involved in the negotiation of acquisitions, short and long term contracts, construction, transfer and use of urban and rural real estate properties, as well as in dispute resolution in urban and real estate matters. He has led due diligence processes for numerous forestry and agribusiness projects.
He advises private investment funds, promoters, developers, constructors and in general companies with real estate investments in Colombia related with housing, hotels, shopping centers, infrastructure and telecommunications. Additionally in different issues regarding agro-industrial projects in Colombia.
He has also been dealing with national and international arbitration and in projects regarding infrastructure, utilities, telecommunications, acquisitions, public bidding processes and contractual liability.
He has a JD from Universidad de Caldas and LL.M. in Urban and Regional Planning from Universidad Javeriana. He also received an LL.M. from McGill University. He speaks Spanish and English.
- Legal advisor to real estate funds in the acquisition of real estate investments of business centers in transactions of up to US$150 million.
- Legal advisor in the purchase and sale of companies and investment vehicles in sectors such as commercial, business centers, telecommunications, agriculture, forestry and housing.
- Legal advisor to a leading Colombian business group in a hotel project in Bogotá with an investment of over US$100 million.
- Legal advisor to several foreign multinational investors in important Real Estate projects.
- Legal advisor in land development projects for biofuels in Colombia.
- Legal advisor for trust companies in arbitration proceedings regarding real estate projects.
- Legal advisor to local investors in shopping mall developments in Bogotá, Cali and Manizales.
- Legal advisor in long term lease for retail stores in Colombia.
- Negotiation of “build to suit” projects for office and commercial warehouses.
- Attorney in over ten breach of contract arbitral proceedings.
- Universidad Javeriana Master of Urban and Regional Planning, 2014 Bogota, Colombia.
- McGill University Master of Laws LL.M., 1999 Montreal, Canada.
- Universidad de Caldas J.D., 1996 Manizales, Colombia.
- Real Estate, Urbanism & Agribusiness