Christian Diaz Ordonez is an associate at Posse Herrera Ruiz. His professional practice focuses in Corporate law with a focus on domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions.
Previously, Christian worked as in-house counsel at GeoPark Colombia, actively participating in their corporate matters. He also worked at a leading Colombian law firm in complex cross-border deals involving several Latin American countries – mainly in the financial, energy, oil & gas and pharmaceutical sectors. Christian worked for one year at the White & Case New York offices, where he participated in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions in Latin America. Christian alternates his practice with lecturing at several Colombian universities.
Christian is an abogado (LLB equivalent) and holds a graduate degree in Business Law from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali. He also holds a graduate degree in Finance Law from Universidad de Los Andes and an LL.M. from the New York University School of Law. Christian speaks Spanish and English and is fluent in French.
- Admitted to the New York State Bar, 2016, New York University School of Law
- LL.M. in Corporations, New York University School of Law, 2015, New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Graduate Degree in Business Law, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, 2014, Cali, Colombia
- Graduate degree in Finance Law, 2013, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá D.C., Colombia
- Abogado (LLB Equivalent) with Honors, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali, 2011, Cali, Colombia
- Corporate Law