Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Ernesto Cavelier is a partner of Posse Herrera Ruiz. He works in M&As, Corporate Law, foreign investment and competition law. He is codirector of the Intellectual Property practice area, and specializes in IP licensing and portfolio management.
Ernesto has advised clients in mergers and acquisitions and corporate matters in the oil services industry, logistics, international insurance companies, beverage bottling companies, communications and technology, and has also advised on issues related with medical ethics and anti-corruption.
He has a JD from Universidad del Rosario. His academic profile includes studies of Comparative Law at New York University, European Law at Amsterdam University, Business Management at Claremont University / Peter F. Drucker Graduate School of Management, and Intellectual Assets Management at Licensing Executives Society USA and Canada. His native language is Spanish, and he is fluent in English and French.
- Legal advisor to Biofilm S.A. in a patent sublicensing contract for Sigdopack and management of the international portfolio of patents for Biofilm S.A., a petrochemical company.
- Legal advisor for Nutresa (previously Compañia Nacional de Chocolates) in a law suit before the Council of State, in which the Tesalia brand was awarded, and management of the national and international portfolio of trademarks in their food product brands.
- Management of national and the international trademark portfolio of the Auteco motorbike manufacturer.
- Management of national and international trademark portfolio of Grupo Sura.
- Management of national and international trademark portfolio of Alqueria, a dairy product company.
- Management of trademark portfolio and sanitary registrations of Prebel S.A.
- Management of the trademark portfolio of the Armani, Converse y Bajaj brands in Colombia.
- Management of the international trademark portfolio of Avery Dennison for Latin America.
- Legal advisor to Cochlear Americas, hearing aid medical equipment, in obtaining health registrations.
- Licensing Executives Society U.S.A. and Canada Intellectual Assets Management, 2008 Alexandria, U.S.A.
- Peter F. Drucker Management Center Claremont University Business, 1993 California, U.S.A.
- Amsterdam University European Law, 1975 Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- New York University Comparative Law, 1974 New York, U.S.A.
- Universidad del Rosario J.D., 1972 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Corporate Law
- Intellectual Property