Tax, Customs & International Trade
Phone: 57 - 5-3187211
Felipe Aroca is a Partner at Posse Herrera Ruiz and heads the Barranquilla office. His practice focuses on Tax Planning, Foreign Investments and International Commerce.
Felipe has experience in foreign investment, family and estate planning and tax structuring of projects concerning corporate restructuring, mergers, acquisitions and joint venture projects. He has worked in the implementation of international treaties for the avoidance of double taxation, free trade zone structuring and has actively participated in tax planning for the development of businesses in Colombia.
Recent activities include tax advice for local and international companies in the real estate, infrastructure, biofuels, mining, oil and gas, service industry and financial sector among others.
He is a faculty member of the Universidad Externado de Colombia and Universidad del Norte where he teaches several undergraduate and graduate courses in Tax Law.
Felipe has a J.D., a graduate Degree in Tax Law, and an LL.M. in Taxation, all from Universidad Externado de Colombia. He also has a graduate Degree in Business Finance from Universidad Complutense (Madrid, Spain). His native language is Spanish and he is fluent in English.
- Legal advisor to the Zonamerica Colombia Project, for the approval of a permanent free trade zone dedicated to providing services, in an area of more than 38 hectares, with an estimated investment of US$300 million.
- Tax advisor to Salinas Group (TV Azteca) in the tax structuring for the operation of the fiber optic project Colombia, with assets valued at over US$200 million contributed by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Tax advisor to Cartagena refinery in tax matters pertaining to the upgrade and construction of the new refinery.
- Tax advisor to Repsol Exploration Colombia in Colombian and international taxation.
- Tax advisor to Cerro Matoso S.A. (South 32) in Colombian and international taxation.
- Legal advisor to Bioenergy (subsidiary of Ecopetrol) in obtaining the declaration of the special permanent free trade zone, of a plant for the production of ethanol and by-products from sugar cane, located in Puerto Lopez (Meta).
- Universidad Externado LL.M., in Tax Law, 2006 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Universidad Externado Degree in Tax Law, 2004 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid Diploma in Business Finance, 2004 Madrid, Spain.
- Universidad Externado J.D., 2003 Bogota, Colombia.
- Tax, Customs & International Trade