Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Helena Camargo is a partner at Posse Herrera Ruiz. She heads the IP Team, overseeing the practice and concentrating on the domestic and international clearance, registration and prosecution of patents, trademarks, copyrights and health registrations. She has extensive experience in handling domestic and international trademark and patent portfolios.
Her experience includes providing strategic counseling to clients concerning global trademark filing, defense strategies and foreign opposition proceedings; due diligence, organization and management of domestic and international trademark and patent portfolios; and administrative litigation. Helena´s experience as a litigator encompasses nullity actions and appeals in Colombia and abroad. She represents clients before the Trademark and Patent Office and the Council of State.
She received a J.D. from Universidad del Rosario and a graduate Degree in Intellectual Property from Universidad Externado de Colombia. Her native language is Spanish and she is fluent in English.
- Management of the international portfolio of patents for Biofilm S.A. (petrochemicals).
- Freedom to operate clearance for pharmaceutical companies
- Management of domestic and international trademark portfolio for Suramericana S.A. and Grupo Sura S.A. (Investment and insurance)
- Management of patent matters for Bayer, HPD Process Engineering, Orexo AB, Rotam Agrochem, Sodastream Industries, Total Research & Technology Feluy.
- Management of domestic and international trademark portfolio for Alqueria. (Dairy products).
- Management of domestic and international trademark portfolio and sanitary registrations for Prebel S.A. (Cosmetics)
- Management of trademark matters for Armani, Converse, Oracle, Evenflo, Ferro Techniek, Bfoot, Ibope, Facconable, WSB World Soft Drinks Limited, Little Caesar Enterprises, Wright Medical Technologies.
- Legal advisor to Cochlear Americas in obtaining health registrations (medical devices).
- Universidad Externado de Colombia Intellectual Property Specialist, 1998 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Universidad del Rosario J.D., 1984 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Intellectual Property