Mergers and Acquisitions
Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Jaime Cubillos is a partner of Posse Herrera Ruiz. His practice focuses on corporate transactions with a focus on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, representing acquirers and targets in cross-border acquisitions, auctions, dispositions and joint ventures.
Prior to joining the firm, Jaime worked for over 5 years in the New York offices of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. During his time at Skadden, Jaime was highly active in cross-border M&A transactions in Latin America, including in several award-winning deals in the region. He also participated in several cross-border syndicated financing facilities and public and private offerings of debt securities in the international capital markets.
Jaime is admitted to practice in Colombia and the State of New York. He has a JD from Universidad de los Andes, and an LL.M. from Northwestern University School of Law. His native language is Spanish and he is fluent in English.
- Legal advisor to GyM S.A., a subsidiary of Graña y Montero S.A.A., in its acquisition of a majority shareholding interest in Morelco S.A.S.
- Legal advisor to Impala Terminals in Colombia in the acquisition of a majority stake in Sociedad Portuaria del Caribe S.A., through its swiss affiliate Tadamell AG.
- Legal advisor to Fondo de Capital Privado Hidrocarburos de Colombia FICH in connection with the US$228 million sale of its participation in the oil exploration block “Cubiro” to Pacific Rubiales.
- Legal advisor to Orix USA Corporation and Evolvere Capital in the acquisition of Sistemicobro S.A.S., Colombian leader in credit solutions.
- Legal advisor to Coney Park in connection with its acquisition of a majority shareholding interests in Divertronica Medellín S.A.S. and Diver Happy S.A.S.
- Legal advisor to Enerflex in the acquisition of assets of Axip Energy Services (formerly known as Valerus), including its Colombian operations.
- Legal advisor to the shareholders of BRC Investor Services S.A. Sociedad Calificadora de Valores BRC, a Colombian rating agency, in their pending sale of BRC to Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC, Standard & Poor’s LLC, Standard & Poor’s International Services LLC, Standard & Poor’s International LLC, and McGraw-Hill Financial International (U.S.) LLC.
- Legal advisor to the majority shareholders in OFD Holding Inc., in its pending sale of Fertilizer Holdings AS, a subsidiary of Yara International ASA. The transaction includes the sale OFD Holding Inc.’s fertilizer business in several Latin American countries, including Abocol in Colombia, Misti in Peru, Omagro Mexico in Mexico, Fertitec in Panama and Costa Rica, Cafesa in Costa Rica, and Norsa in Bolivia.
- Legal advisor to Cepsa Colombia S.A. Cepsa, a Spanish energy group, in its sale to Advent International of a minority interest in Oleoducto Central S.A. Ocensa, a Colombian company managing Colombia’s largest crude oil pipeline.
- Legal advisor to Nexus Group in the acquisition of a controlling stake in the plastic bottle manufacturer San Miguel Industrias.
- Universidad de los Andes J.D. Bogotá, Colombia.
- Northwestern University School of Law LL.M. (with honors) Illinois, U.S.A.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Law
- Financial Law & Capital Markets