Mergers and Acquisitions
Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Jaime Herrera is a founding partner of Posse Herrera Ruiz. He heads the Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Law practice groups of the firm. His practice focuses on M&As, Infrastructure, Natural Resources and Energy Law.
Jaime advises clients on corporate expansion, investment strategies, complex local and international financings, and M&A in various sectors of the economy.
He received a Degree in Intellectual Property Law from Queen Mary College of the University of London, and a JD from Universidad Javeriana. He speaks Spanish and English.
- Legal advisor to AXA S.A., in the acquisition, through one of its subsidiaries, of 51% of Seguros Colpatria S.A., Seguros de Vida Colpatria S.A., Capitalizadora Colpatria S.A. and Colpatria Medicina Prepagada S.A.
- Legal advisor to Corpbanca in the acquisition of Banco Santander and its subsidiaries in Colombia.
- Legal advisor to Grupo Bolivar in the co-investement with Grupo Sura in the acquisition of the AFP pension funds of ING in Latinamerica.
- Legal advisors to CFR International SpA in connection with the acquisition of Lafrancol.
- Legal advisors to e ConSalfa S.A.S., a joint venture in Colombia of Constructora ConConcreto S.A. (Colombia) y Salfa Corp. S.A. (Chile), in the acquisition for US$32 million of 80% of Intercoastal Marine Inc., a family enterprise.
- Legal advisor to Organizacion Terpel S.A., Proenergia Internacional S.A., Sociedad de Inversiones de Energia S.A., and Terpel del Centro de S.A. in their merger.
- Legal advisor to Compañía de Petróleos de Chile COPEC S.A. in the acquisition of an indirect controlling stake in Organización Terpel S.A., and the listing of the company in the Bolsa de Valores de Colombia.
- Legal advisor to Gasco, in the structuring, negotiation and acquisition of various liquid natural gas (LNG) companies in Colombia.
- Legal advisor to ABN-AMRO BANK N.V- Sumatoria S.A. and ECOPETROL S.A. in the structuring, selection process and incorporation of a strategic partner for the Cartagena refinery and subsequent acquisition form Colombian Refinery Holdings B.V.
- Legal advisor to Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A. de C.V., in the acquisition of the Brisa bottled water from Bavaria S.A. (SAB Miller) and advisor to Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A. in the acquisition of Panamco Colombia.
- Legal advisor to ABN AMRO BANK N.V. in the international financing for the acquisition of Ecogás, the largest natural gas pipeline company in Colombia, by Empresa de Energía de Bogotá
- Queen Mary College, University of London (UK) Diploma in Intellectual Property - Emphasis in Competition Law, 1987 London U.K.
- Universidad Javeriana J.D., 1990 Bogota, Colombia.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Law
- Financial Law & Capital Markets
- Natural Resources and Energy
- Competition Law
- Infrastructure and PPPs