Juan David Velasco
Tax, Customs & International Trade
Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Juan David Velasco is a partner of the Transactional Tax practice Area at Posse Herrera Ruiz. His practice focuses on Tax Customs & and International Trade.
Juan David has experience in international tax planning and WTO Law. Before joining Posse Herrera Ruiz, he worked at the Appellate Body Secretariat of the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva, Switzerland. He also worked as an International Tax Manager for a multinational accounting firm and as an associate at other local law firms in Colombia.
He lectures the course in Taxation of International Transaction in the Graduate Tax Program at Universidad de los Andes and he is Professor of International Taxation at Universidad EAFIT – Medellín, Colombia. He was also graduate research assistant at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
He received a J.D. and a Graduate Diploma in Tax Law from Universidad de los Andes, a Master of Laws in International Law (LL.M,) from The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy and a Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M) from Boston University School of Law. He also received a Certificate Diploma in Mediation and Conflict Management from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School. His native language is Spanish and he is fluent in English.
- The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy LL.M in International Law, 2013 Medford, MA. U.S.A.
- Boston University School of Law LL.M. in Taxation, 2012 Boston, MA, U.S.A.
- Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Management, 2013 Cambridge, MA, U.S.A.
- Universidad de los Andes Graduate Diploma in Tax Law, 2010 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Universidad de los Andes J.D., 2009 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Tax, Customs & International Trade