Juan David Velasco
Tax, Customs & International Trade
Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Juan David Velasco is a partner and co-heads the transactional tax practice at Posse Herrera Ruiz.
Juan David has advised numerous public and private companies, as well as private equity and venture capital firms on multi-jurisdictional tax-related aspects of investment, project finance, mergers and acquisitions/dispositions of business interests. Juan David works with high-net-worth individuals in private wealth management and tax-efficient estate planning strategies.
Another focus in his practice is international trade/WTO law. Juan David is actively engaged with pro-bono cases as well.
Juan David lectures the advanced seminar on taxation of International transactions at Universidad de Los Andes and Universidad EAFIT.
As President of the Colombian Branch Assembly and the Global YIN Committee (under 40-year-old international tax lawyers) of the International Fiscal Association (IFA), active member of International Bar Association (IBA) and the Colombian Tax Institute (ICDT), Juan David is frequently invited to discuss on innovative cross-border tax matters in national and international academic events.
Prior to joining PHR, Juan David worked at the Appelate Body at the World Trade Organization (WTO) and other local law firms.
J.D, with excellence in honor thesis, and Diploma in Tax Law, Universidad de Los Andes (Colombia), LL.M in Taxation, Boston University School of Law (USA), LL.M in International Law, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (USA), Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School (USA).
- The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy LL.M in International Law, 2013 Medford, MA. U.S.A.
- Boston University School of Law LL.M. in Taxation, 2012 Boston, MA, U.S.A.
- Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Management, 2013 Cambridge, MA, U.S.A.
- Universidad de los Andes Graduate Diploma in Tax Law, 2010 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Universidad de los Andes J.D., 2009 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Tax, Customs & International Trade