Juan Guillermo Ruiz
Tax, Customs & International Trade
Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Juan Guillermo Ruiz is a founding partner of Posse Herrera Ruiz. He heads the Tax Customs & international trade practice group. His practice focuses on taxation, principally centered on tax planning for cross-border transactions.
He also has ample experience in developing tax structures for M&A; project finance, public and private infrastructure bids, tax disputes, and in the creation of free trade zones.
He has worked for more than 25 years on tax structure and tax planning, wealth management, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and other major projects and transactions for several industries, including infrastructure, oil and gas, mining, energy, telecommunications, real estate, finance, retail, health care, forestry and agro-industrial projects.
Juan Guillermo was Latin American President of IFA, previously he was President for the Colombian chapter of the IFA and was also President of the Colombian Tax Law Institute (ICDT).
He has a JD from Universidad Javeriana, and a Masters degree in Socio Economic Sciences from the same university; he also has a degree in Tax Law from Universidad de la Sabana; and in Administrative Law, International Trade and Customs from Universidad del Rosario. His native language is Spanish and he is fluent in English.
- Universidad del Rosario Specialist in and International Trade and Customs, 2013 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Universidad de la Sabana Specialist in Tax Law, 2012 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Inalde – Universidad de la Sabana Program in business Management, 2004 Bogota, Colombia.
- Universidad del Rosario Master in Administrative Law, 1985 Bogota, Colombia.
- Universidad Javeriana J.D., 1983 Bogota, Colombia
- Tax, Customs & International Trade