Financial Law & Capital Markets
Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Mariana Posse is a founding partner of Posse Herrera Ruiz, and leads the capital markets and finance practice group.
In matters related with banking and finance she has counseled multilateral credit agencies and leading American and European commercial banks in the financing of the major corporate groups in Colombia, in various sectors of the economy such as retail, telecommunications, mining, energy, oil and gas, infrastructure and manufacturing among others.
In capital markets Mariana has also acted as local counsel for foreign and local banks and local companies in the most important debt restructurings in Colombia; she has been responsible for the structuring, drafting and negotiation of loan agreements and securities including bond and securities issues in the local markets and under Rule 144A Reg S markets.
Additionally her practice area is responsible for, regulatory matters, corporate financial licensing, necessary approvals for the opening of financial institutions, bond issues, securities registrations, IPOs, as well as the documentation and structuring of private placements.
Mariana has a JD from Universidad Javeriana, where she also obtained and a Graduate Degree in Insurance Law. Her native language is Spanish and she is fluent in English.
- Legal advisor to Organizacion Terpel in its first and second issue of bonds in the Colombian market for COL$700,000 million and COL$500,000 million respectively.
- Legal advisor to JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. in the US$150 million financing to a leading pharmaceutical company, from foreign and local Colombian banks in a syndicated loan, denominated both in Colombian pesos and US dollars.
- Legal advisor to Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. in the structuring and regulatory authorization of the issue and allocation program of ordinary bonds and commercial papers.
- Legal advisor to Organizacion Terpel S.A., Proenergia Internacional S.A., Sociedad de Inversiones de Energia S.A., and Terpel del Centro de S.A. in their merger, where Organizacion Terpel S.A. was the surviving entity.
- Legal advisor to Corpbanca in the acquisition of Banco Santander and its subsidiaries in Colombia.
- Legal advisor to BNP Paribas, Citibank, Correval, Corporación Interamericana de Inversiones CII, Credit Suisse, Darby, Deustche Bank Securities and Scotiabank in credit structurings, including reserve based loans. Legal Advisor to JP Morgan Chase in the creation of a financial institution in Colombia.
- Legal advisor to BNP Paribas in the establishment of a Colombian financial institution and a trust company.
- Legal advisor to Banco de Crédito e Inversiones de Chile in the establishment of the Colombian representation office.
- Legal advisor to Compañía de Petróleos de Chile COPEC S.A. in the acquisition of an indirect controlling stake in Organización Terpel S.A., with the largest gas station network in Colombia and with operations in other Latin American countries, and the listing of the company in the Bolsa de Valores de Colombia.
- Legal advisor to four Colombian pension funds and Chilean foreign investors in the acquisition and financing of the Termotasajero coal-fired power generation facility.
- Legal advisor to a syndicate of international banks led by ABN AMRO Bank N.V. acting as administrative agent, in a US$1,460 million loan granted to Empresa de Energía de Bogotá S.A. E.S.P., E.E.B. (Colombia), to finance the acquisition by its wholly owned subsidiary Transportadora de Gas del Interior S.A. E.S.P., TGI, of the natural gas transportation assets of Ecogas. The original US$1,460 million loan was partially assigned by EEB to TGI.
- Universidad Javeriana Graduate Studies in Insurance Law, 1984 Bogota, Colombia.
- Universidad Javeriana J.D., 1981 Bogota, Colombia.
- Financial Law & Capital Markets