Mergers and Acquisitions
Phone: 57 - 1-3257300
Oscar Tutasaura is a partner at Posse Herrera Ruiz. His practice focuses on Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions and Privatizations.
Oscar’s Mergers and Aquisitions experience includes representing buyers, sellers and governmental entities in domestic and cross border transactions and privatizations in a series of industries including energy, insurance, pharmaceutical, infrastructure, food, chemical, automotive, and retail stores.
Oscar has experience advising buyers and sellers in cross border M&A transactions in the insurance industry, and advising foreign insurers in the incorporation of insurance companies in Colombia.
Before joining Posse Herrera Ruiz, he worked as an associate in a Colombian law firm and as foreign Associate at the New York offices of Sidley Austin LL.P. He is a faculty member at Universidad del Rosario where he teaches Civil Law.
Oscar received a J.D. from Universidad del Rosario, has post graduate studies in Commercial Law at Universidad de los Andes and received an LL.M. in International Legal Studies from Georgetown University. He is admitted to the practice in Colombia and in the State of New York. His native language is Spanish and he is fluent in English.
- Legal advisor to AXA S.A., a French global investment and insurance group with presence in more than 57 countries worldwide, in the acquisition, through one of its subsidiaries, of 51% of Seguros Colpatria S.A., Seguros de Vida Colpatria S.A., Capitalizadora Colpatria S.A. and Colpatria Medicina Prepagada S.A.
- Legal advisors in the global joint venture agreement between Euler Hermes and Mapfre.
- Legal advisor to Abertis Infraestructuras S.A., in its sale to Fondo de Infraestructura Colombia Ashmore I – FCP “FIC”, of its 85% interest in Compañía de Desarrollo Aeropuerto Eldorado S.A. (“Codad”).
- Legal advisor to Air Products & Chemicals Inc., in the acquisition for US$884 million of a controlling stake of Indura S.A. the largest independent industrial-gas company in Latin America.
- Legal advisor to Cencosud in connection with the approximately €2,000 million acquisition agreement of Carrefour assets in Colombia.
- Legal advisor to CFR International SpA in connection with the US$562 million acquisition of Lafrancol.
- Legal advisor to the shareholders of Franquicias y Concesiones S.A. – Frayco S.A. in the transfer of 100% of their shares in Frayco to entities controlled investment fund Mesoamérica.
- Legal advisor to Nexus Capital Partners III and Alusa S.A., in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Empaques Flexa S.A.S., a subsidiary of Carvajal S.A. responsible for the production and marketing of flexible packaging.
- Georgetown University Law Center LL.M. in International Legal Studies, 2004 Washington, USA.
- Universidad de los Andes Graduate Degree in Commercial Law, 2003 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Universidad del Rosario J.D., 2002 Bogotá, Colombia.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Law
- White-collar crime
- Compliance and Internal Investigations