DECREE OF THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE
The Ministry of Finance issued the tax calendar for 2017
The dates for the filing and payment of the National Carbon Tax return and the income tax surcharge are included in the Decree
The Finance Ministry, through its Decree 220 of 2017, issued the calendar which includes the 2017 due dates that most taxpayers will need to know regarding the income tax, the income tax surcharge, the income tax for equality (CREE), the Value Added Tax (VAT), the National Carbon Tax, the withholding and self-withholding returns and the annual statement of foreign assets.
Accordingly, it is important to highlight the following situations:
- For large taxpayers, the deadlines for filing the income tax return begin on March 8th.
- For legal entities and other taxpayers, the deadlines for filing the income tax return begin on March 8th.
- With regards to CREE tax, the deadlines for filing the return begin on April 10.
- Regarding VAT returns, for those taxpayers who file bimonthly returns, the first due date for the January- February period begins March 8th; and for those who declare quarterly, the first expiration for the period January – April will start from May 9th of 2017.
- Finally, Carbon Tax should be declared and paid on a bimonthly basis. The first due date corresponding to the January- February period begins on March 18th.