REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO IMPLEMENT THE PATENT PROSECUTION WIGHWAY (PPH)
Chile is also part of the Latin American countries that have adopted the accelerated patent procedure in certain cases and for certain modalities.
Due to the above, the National Institute of Industrial Property of Chile (INAPI) has strived to strengthen its relations with other industrial property offices in the region to implement the PATENT PROSECUTION WIGHWAY procedure.
In Chile, the applicant who has an administrative request in which the process can be effectively accelerated may request a request for PPH without paying any additional official fee, provided he meets the following minimum requirements:
- The application requested in the Previous Examination Office and the application filed before INAPI (as a Post-Examination Office) are corresponding applications and have the same priority or presentation date.
- The application has been substantially examined by the Previous Examination Office and has at least one patentable claim.
- The application claims filed in INAPI correspond with the claims found patentable in the Previous Examination Office.
- The application has been published by INAPI.
- The application filed at INAPI has no expert appointed.
- Complete Form 47 which can be found online at the INAPI website.