LEGAL BULLETIN MAY 2012
- The FTA network and your business.
- Access to the Colombian market.
- New changes in the rules of origin.
- Technical barriers to trade and sanitary and phytosanitary measures.
- Trade remedies.
- Opportunities in the area of government procurement.
- Distinct alternatives in the trade in services within an FTA.
- A special regime for the protection of investors.
- Aspects of the intellectual property area on FTAs.
- The implementation of each FTA within your business.
LEGAL BULLETIN JULY 2010
- Equity tax optimization.
- New mining concession agreement model.
- Credit facilities granted by private capital investment funds.
- Services export: decree 1805 of 2010.
- Capital gains under decision 40 of the CAN: their nature is that of non- income or non- incidental income nature and cannot be deemed as exempted income.
- Stamp payment deduction.
LEGAL BULLETIN MARCH 2009
- New regulation for the submission of private initiative projects for the construction of public works through concessions.
- General comments on invoices regulation.
- Trust funds are not subjects to industry and commerce tax.
- Exempt income for hotel sector: 30 years or up to 2033.
- New applications for the 40% benefit.
- The economic conditions of the Exploration and Production Contracts of The National Hydrocarbons Agency for 2009.
- VAT on advertising services.
- Participation account contracts: the duality of their accounting treatment.
- Tax treatment of financial debt.
LEGAL BULLETIN OCTOBER 2008
- New foreign exchange regime for free trade zones.
- Road infrastructure concessionaires can use the deduction for investments in productive fixed assets.
- Tax treatment of foreign debt transactions.
- The principle of territoriality in the application of the industry and commerce tax.
- Sales tax on the technical services and technical assistance provided in Colombia from abroad.
- Management of VAT paid in pre-operational stages.
- Associated works cooperatives and pre-cooperatives will have to pay payroll taxes.
- Tax treatment of collective portfolios.
- Elimination of foreign investment restrictions.
- “Simplified stock corporation” bill.
LEGAL BULLETIN JUNE 2008
- The abuse of the dominant position in shareholders’ meetings.
- Taxation of foreign companies.
- Are the percentages used for determining if land is an undeveloped urban lot legal?
- Main implications of the introduction of the Habeas Data Statute.
- Tacit withdrawal in legal proceedings and its implications.
- Autonomous Patrimonies in the development of projects in Duty-free Zones.
- Legal nature of payments in a labor conciliation involving the existence or non-existence of a labor relationship.
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred abroad.
- Should partially paid withholding tax returns be considered as not field?.
LEGAL BULLETIN FEBRUARY 2007
- Investment in productive fixed real assets.
- Elimination of inflation adjustments.
- Tax on equity (equity tax).
- Lost and damaged merchandise.
- Financial and operational leasing.
- Amortization of losses (loss carryforwards).
- Conciliation and settlement of tax disputes by mutual agreement.
LEGAL BULLETIN AUGUST 2005
- Applicability of withholding at source of ICA tax on dividends and participations.
- Fiscal benefits of contributions to severance payment funds.
- Importation to Colombia of intangibles – a fiscal and customs perspective.
- Supervision of technical assistance and technical services agreements with foreigners.
- Consolidation of financial statements.
- Law of legal stability for investors.
LEGAL BULLETIN FREBRUARY 2005
- Fiscal effects of the sale of commercial establishments.
- Deductibility of territorial taxes paid by income tax payers.
- Mandate in Cost Contribution Agreements.
- Deduction of losses incurred in the sale of shares or corporate interest and properties that form part of fixed assets.
- Amendments to the Colombian General Foreign Capital Investments Regime.
LEGAL BULLETIN OCTOBER 2007
- Legal stability contracts: petrification of laws or creation of contractual rights through modification of laws?
- Law 1150 of 2007, which introduces modifications to law 80 of 1993.
- Occupational medical examinations – obligatory nature.
- Accounting and tax effects of derivatives operations.
- Promotion of the enterpreneurship culture – incorporation of companies through private documents.
- Stamp tax on extensions of mercantile offers that are accepted by purchase orders.
- Hydrocarbons easements.
- Labor contracts in associate work cooperatives.