18 of March 2020
COVID 19 | COLOMBIAN SUPERINTENDENCY OF FINANCE SUSPENDS ALL CURRENT PROCEEDINGS
Due to the current sanitary situation, the Colombian Financial Superintendency (“CFS”) issued Resolution 305 of March 17th, 2020, by which all administrative proceedings taking place at the CFS have been suspended. This means that authorization, sanctioning, and other proceedings that require a response from the CFS will be suspended from March 17th, 2020 until April 8th, 2020.
Please note that all periodic obligations that require information reporting to the CFS and all other obligations with monthly, quarterly or larger terms are not suspended and therefore must be complied with, unless there is a material impossibility of compliance due to lack of infrastructure for such compliance (e.gr. if filings must be done through hard copies and no officers are available at the CFS for such filings). In these cases, obligations must me completed on the first working day after the suspension.
On the other hand, through Resolution 001 of March 16th, 2020, the Deputy Superintendent for Jurisdictional Matters of the CFS suspended all jurisdictional proceedings until April 8th, 2020 and ordered the following measures:
- All document filings must be done through the email email@example.com
- Files revision must be done through the CFS’ web page.
- Phone attention will keep being available.
- The email firstname.lastname@example.org has been created as additional support channel.
- All hearings scheduled during the suspension term have been rescheduled.
- All decisions proffered during the suspension term will become enforceable the day after the suspension ends.
You can find other measures adopted in the following bulletin.